It is almost time to honor those important women in our lives, our mom, grandmas, aunts, and others who are like a mom to us. I wanted to honor a coworker who is an amazing mom. My first project is a round tin, that I found at my local department/grocery store. I thought it had a vintage look and would be fun to alter. It also was 40% off! This appealed to my thrifty side!
The materials I used for the tin were as follows:
- Vintage Lace from my stash, don’t have any? Try the VSM Crochet Lace
- Round paper doily
- Silver fine glitter
- Grapefruit chalk ink
- Twirly Twine in pink
- Vintage pink button, check out the kits at VSM for vintage buttons
- Bingo Cards
- Pink flowers
- Hot glue gun
Here are the steps to making this cute, fillable tin.
- Adhere the wide lace to the side of the tin. Be sure to avoid the area that the cover fits on, so that it will fit later. I adhered around the top and the back with my hot glue gun.
- Run twirly twine through the button and around the tin three times.
- Run the end through the button and tie a bow.
- Adhere the back of the button with hot glue.
- Cut the center out of the doily and hand pleat into a circle.
- Cut a 2 inch circle from a large bingo card, ink the edges and adhere to the doily
- Ink the edges of the smaller bingo card and adhere.
- Use the glitter on the edges of he doily – if you do it now, you use less and can be thrifty! Let dry completely
- Adhere the flower and the sentiment (from the twirly twine packaging)
- Finally, adhere the embellished doily to the top of the tin!
The tag was made using the following supplies and made a cute compliment!
- Twirly Twine in Denim Blue
- Glamour Mom paper from the Family Fun Line
- Ocean depth chalk ink
- EK Success Flower Punch
This was super fun to make. I cut the background paper from the Glamour Mom paper using just the background image. It was adhered to a card tag and inked. I then punched a 12 inch flower strip from the edge of the paper and rolled it around a pencil, shaping and gluing as I went. This takes a bit of time to dry, so I cut the sentiments from the Denim Blue Twirly Twine packaging. I also punched out the word powder and it’s image from the Glamour mom paper. To assemble the tag, I adhered the powder image, and sentiments. I used a strong liquid adhesive to attach the flower. When this was dry, I wrapped the tag with the Denim Twirly Twine and tied a knot at the front. I think it makes a cute dimensional tag.
My final project this time is a square canvas made with Vintage Street Market Images from the Dime Store Vogue collection and ephemera. The canvas was primed with gesso and painted with antique white paint. From that point on I added layers of product with matte Mod Podge. The vintage lace was from my collection. This one is for me! It reminds me very much of my mom and grandma, who were the foundation of my crafting.
Thanks for taking a look and happy crafting!Pin It