Hello everyone! I’ve become quite smitten with the crepe paper that is included in the Party Games Paper Sheets & Tags kit, so much so, that I used it on all three of my projects this month. I couldn’t resist!
First up is a layout featuring my father-in-law and his sister when they were kids.
Here’s how to create the pretty yellow ruffle.
- Cut 6 strips of the crepe paper to 12″ x 1 1/2″.
- Starting at the bottom, run a strip of tape across the entire width of the page and lay the crepe paper on the tape, gathering it as you go.
- To hide the seam, layer the next strip of crepe paper over the bottom strip.
- To finish off the top layer of crepe paper, tie some Black Twirly Twine around the seam.
For my title I used the “Family” die cut from the Family Fashion Accessory Kit.
For this card, I cut a piece of the dictionary paper to size, splattered with yellow mist, and stitched it onto the cardstock. Using the Party Games Paper Sheets and Tags kit I made a flower from punched circles. I embellished the flower center with a milk cap and the crepe paper in the Party Games kit.
I love the cute frog included in the Party Games Paper Sheets and Tags kit and decided to make him the focal point of the card.
The yellow fringe background was easy to make. Here is how I did it.
- I cut a long sheet of the crepe paper the width of my card and then folded it over on itself multiple times to create several layers.
- I stitched it down the middle lengthwise, then using my scissors, I cut from the bottom edge up to the stitched line and from the top edge down to the stitched line.
- Last, work the crepe to make it stand up.
Thank you for coming by. I hope these projects have inspired you to make something fun!