Happy December 2012! Have you picked a word to define this season? My word is busy! Between concerts, social events, work events, and just the day to day, my life is extremely busy! And, I still want to create something special for the people I love. For my posting this month, I created two quick items that can jump start your holiday season.
First, I made a small gift bag that would be perfect for a hostess gift or maybe even a gift card for that special someone!
Red and silver ribbon
Twirly twine packaging
Adhesive – wet and dry
To make this item
- Assemble all needed items
- Emboss red shiny paper and using dry adhesive, adhere to glassine bag
- Adhere bingo card over red paper and add ticket from Twirly Twine packaging, glitter with stickles
- As the bag is drying select paper doll. adhere red ribbon bow at neckline, using a large basting stitch baste tulle and pull thread to gather, adhere to paper doll using liquid adhesive. When tacky add silver ribbon “waist band” – tie in back plus adhere with liquid adhesive.
- When doll is dry adhere to bag.
Even quicker tag! Seriously this took me less than 15 minutes once all the components were assembled.
Vintage list, Ad with santa, small green tag, and vintage holly – all from VSM store
Double sided Tape
Glitter – vintage from my stash
Liquid and dry adhesive
Okay, set your timer. Here we go!
- Emboss red paper, using dry adhesive adhere to tag. Repunch hole in tag.
- Cut vintage list paper and adhere to tag, ink sides as desired (I used green tea ink)
- Adhere Santa Ad to lower corner with liquid glue, trim to edge and ink as desired.
- Wrap upper part of tag with four wraps of red twirly twine and tie with a double knot. Let large tag dry.
- Adhere double sided tape to small tag and glitter. Tip: press glitter down with your finger to really get it to stick. Add “for you” from the twine packaging.
- Mount small tag over large and wrap twirly twin six times through the two holes. Tie ends into a knot.
- Last step adhere vintage dimensional embellishment with liquid adhesive and let dry.
Hope you enjoy these two quick projects and enjoy the Christmas Season with those you love!