Subscribe to this Blog!
Recent Blog Posts
- Vintage Supply / Tool Kit
- Framed Felt Flowers
- Romantic Vintage Inspiration Folder Kit – now available
- Packaged, Painted Ribbon Spools
- Happy New Year!
- Christmas Countdown Advent Tree
- Glittered Sugar Plum Fairy Ornaments
- Vintage Felt Christmas Stockings
- Golden Books for Christmas
- Vintage Christmas Caroler Ornaments
Category Archives: Party Games
We have a new baby boy in our office! Finally, we had 7 girls and now have a boy and another on the way. To shower the little guy with love I created this card with VSM papers and ephemera!
- Boy tag and Ice Cream Cone – Party Games VSM
- Bingo Card – Bingo Craft Card VSM
- Sweet Sentiment – Denim Twirly Twine VSM
- Baby letters – Tiny Alphas
- Background Patterned Paper – Crate Paper Little Bo Peep Adelaide
- Pom pom ribbon – Retro Easter Kit
- Paper Clip – office supply
Thanks for stopping by! Hope this inspires your baby cards!
Hey all! Amy here and I am back as promised with an altered Easter project to share. I started with a vintage ice cream cup and then began building.
I added tissue paper garland around the edges then layered tinsel garland with aqua Twirly Twine on top. Next I used May Arts red twill stripes ribbon to make a bow and then added two paper flowers. I added a vintage bingo marker for the center.
For the banner, I painted wooden skewers and attached handmade finials from beads. I tied aqua Twirly Twine to the skewers and then added three red foil triangles from Party Games Paper Sheets and Tags. Next, I punched holes in a fare ticket stub and added to the right skewer. I then used a sticker sentiment backed on a Jillibean pattern paper. I attached the skewers to the inside of the cup with tape.
I love the way it came out and especially like that it is not the traditional colors of Spring. I challenged myself with that for a bit. Finally I filled my cup with a little Easter grass and a pale blue egg. I think these cups are perfect for birthdays, other holidays, or even a special pick me up. I hope this inspires you!
- Vintage Street Market Party Games Paper Sheets and Tags
- Vintage Street Market Aqua Twirly Twine
- Kaiser Craft Sky Blue and Pink Paper Flowers
- JilliBean Pinto Beans Paper
- May Arts Twill Stripes Ribbon
- Ivory Paper Tissue Garland by Bethany Lowe
- Silver Tinsel
- Vintage Red Bingo Marker
- Vintage Ice Cream Cup
Happy Easter!… Read the rest
Hard to believe that February is done and St Patrick’s Day and Easter are just around the corner!
For my projects this month, I played with the Retro Party Games paper pack, with some other great items from the Vintage Street Market Store. I was feeling a little artsy this month, so I made a quick card and an art journal page.
Let’s talk about the card first. For some reason, this froggie reminds me of St. Patrick’s Day! In this card, he is used to wish the recipient a “hoppy” happy birthday. This paper pack really reminds me of the fun party games that were available when I was a child.
- Green Card Stock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches, folded in half to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base
- Party Games Paper Orange Dot 4 x 5 1/4″
- Frog, Happy Tag and Arrow all from the Party Games Pack
- Tiny Alphas (one of my all time favorite scrappy supplies)
- Cellophane Tie (vintage)
Now on to the art journal page!
I was looking for a bright, fresh and totally fun theme.
To prepare this page, I prepped my art journal page with gesso and added layers of paint in: gecko, luscious lemon, and pumpkin. I added texture by adding a stenciled hexagon design with chalk ink. Once this was dry the fun began! I used Mod Podge to adhere the Party games papers, including several yellow crepe paper hearts for even more texture. The phrases came from a Cosmo Cricket paper, available in the Vintage Street Market store. When everything was dry, I used some tinted tape for more interest and added doodling here and there, (including the monkey’s tail). I also stamped the brick pattern in red and some words faintly along the border. Eventually, I will add my thoughts below each of the phrases.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a splendid March!… Read the rest
Happy February to you! I know Valentine’s Day was a few days ago, but I am still in the heart mood so today’s projects have a heart on them.
I started with a mini album. I die cut a large scallop heart from chipboard and covered with pattern paper. I painted and inked the edges for a distressed look. I turned the heart upside down and scored the point of the heart to make into an album.
For the front, I cut an oval in the glassine bag and then added a manila tag to tuck inside. I punched a heart from the stripe print and added the vintage dictionary paper behind it. I then inked a small bingo card and cut a sentiment from the pattern paper for the top. The tiny heart in the center is the red foil from the Party Games that I punched out. I added a button with Twirly Twine and a few rhinestones to complete.
I added six pages inside using the “Stack the Deck” technique. I added Velcro tabs to secure the album.
For the pages, I added various pattern papers listed below along with a fabric scraps. I continued the tiny sentiment theme inside on each page. I also added Soot Tinted Tape on many of the pages.
For the inside cover, I painted, distressed, and stamped a heart. I outlined the hearts with black marker.
Items used for this project:
- Red Twirly Twine by Vintage Street Market
- Bingo Cards by Vitange Street Market
- Red Foil from Party Games set by Vintage Street Market
- Soot Tinted Tape by Vintage Street Market
- Vintage Ephemera from Vintage Street market
- Glassine Bags
- Emma’s Shop paper by Crate Paper
- Odds and Ends Junk Drawer and Sampler papers by Cosmo Cricket
- Pinto Beans paper by Jillybean Soup
- Tag Martha Stewart
- Navy Button from Jolee’s Boutique
- Rhinestones from craft supply
- Various heart punches
- Various Fabric scraps
Next I made a card. I stitched many layers together to create this. I punched a heart from the bingo card and layered a pattern print behind. I layered with a decorative button tied with Twirly Twine and accented with a red pearl. I cut the tiny sentiment from the pattern paper and added to a journal tab.
Items used for card:
- Bingo Cards by Vintage Street Market
- Aqua Twirly Twine by Vintage Street Market
- Farmhouse Farmer’s Market paper from Cosmo Cricket
- Vintage Ephemera from Vintage Street Market
- Odds and End Junk Drawer paper by Cosmo Cricket
- Bazzill red border
- Recollections heart button
- Queen and Co. red pearl
- Heidi Swapp notebook journal spot
- Marvy Heart punch
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of February!… Read the rest
Along with love, flowers, chocolates, and all those wonderful joys that festive February brings…it always brings out the desire in me to create with vintage supplies. Vintage doilies, sewing patterns, foil, cupcake liners, & postcards top my crafty list this month…what about you?
Up first this month, a retro-vibe card…Hooray! (for love, that is):
Love notes & treats are essentials for my kids this month, so I made this heart-pouch filled with treats, to hang on the doorknob when they return home from school on Valentine’s Day:
May your February be filled with sweetness!
~Keri… Read the rest