Subscribe to this Blog!
Recent Blog Posts
- Vintage Supply / Tool Kit
- Framed Felt Flowers
- Romantic Vintage Inspiration Folder Kit – now available
- Packaged, Painted Ribbon Spools
- Happy New Year!
- Christmas Countdown Advent Tree
- Glittered Sugar Plum Fairy Ornaments
- Vintage Felt Christmas Stockings
- Golden Books for Christmas
- Vintage Christmas Caroler Ornaments
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Happy December 2012! Have you picked a word to define this season? My word is busy! Between concerts, social events, work events, and just the day to day, my life is extremely busy! And, I still want to create something special for the people I love. For my posting this month, I created two quick items that can jump start your holiday season.
First, I made a small gift bag that would be perfect for a hostess gift or maybe even a gift card for that special someone!
Red and silver ribbon
Twirly twine packaging
Adhesive – wet and dry
To make this item
- Assemble all needed items
- Emboss red shiny paper and using dry adhesive, adhere to glassine bag
- Adhere bingo card over red paper and add ticket from Twirly Twine packaging, glitter with stickles
- As the bag is drying select paper doll. adhere red ribbon bow at neckline, using a large basting stitch baste tulle and pull thread to gather, adhere to paper doll using liquid adhesive. When tacky add silver ribbon “waist band” – tie in back plus adhere with liquid adhesive.
- When doll is dry adhere to bag.
Even quicker tag! Seriously this took me less than 15 minutes once all the components were assembled.
Vintage list, Ad with santa, small green tag, and vintage holly – all from VSM store
Double sided Tape
Glitter – vintage from my stash
Liquid and dry adhesive
Okay, set your timer. Here we go!
- Emboss red paper, using dry adhesive adhere to tag. Repunch hole in tag.
- Cut vintage list paper and adhere to tag, ink sides as desired (I used green tea ink)
- Adhere Santa Ad to lower corner with liquid glue, trim to edge and ink as desired.
- Wrap upper part of tag with four wraps of red twirly twine and tie with a double knot. Let large tag dry.
- Adhere double sided tape to small tag and glitter. Tip: press glitter down with your finger to really get it to stick. Add “for you” from the twine packaging.
- Mount small tag over large and wrap twirly twin six times through the two holes. Tie ends into a knot.
- Last step adhere vintage dimensional embellishment with liquid adhesive and let dry.
Hope you enjoy these two quick projects and enjoy the Christmas Season with those you love!
Christmas festivities are in full swing around our house. The decorations are up, shopping is started and now I’m ready to begin some Christmas crafting.
The first Christmas project I made is a tag for a gift.
For the confetti pocket, I punched small circles from the foil papers in the Paper Sheets and Tags kits and added it to the glassine envelope along with some silver glass glitter.
Who wouldn’t love to receive a package with a festive confetti tag?
My next project is a quick and easy card that doubles as a holder for a gift card. Perfect for your holiday gift-giving needs.
To create this card, I stitched the patterned paper down onto the base of the card, adhered the Tim Holtz Glassine Envelope and embellished it with the die cut house from the Party Games Paper Sheets and Tags set, a heart and my greeting, stamped on twill ribbon.
Hi everyone, Connie here with a Christmas layout using some awesome Vintage Fusion from Vintage Street Market!!
Awesome, awesome Christmas vintage goodies from the store. Don’t you love the Golden Book page? Makes it easy to document these special times with cool stuff like this!!! You still have time to make a Vintage Christmas ~ See ya soon. … Read the rest
Hello, friends! For those of you that live in the US — have you already been out shopping or is it a tradition you skip? Either way, I’ve got a couple of cards appropriate for many occasions.
The name of the game is simple. The pink bingo craft card coordinates with the stripes in the patterned paper making a matching, yet different color combination. This and a simple stamp a message is conveyed without too much fuss!
Again, simple is the name of the game. I wanted to highlight the vintage music paper peeking out and the lovely Crate paper. A touch of May Arts ribbon highlights the whole thing!
I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy getting ready for the holiday season that is upon us!
Happy Thanksgiving! Today is a day filled with family, friends and lots of food. After filling our tummies with turkey dinner, my family and I turn our thoughts to planning for our annual visit to cut down our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.
I created these vintage inspired layouts of last years trip to pick out that perfect tree.
Just by adding a little tinsel around the family punch out it adds a little touch of holiday sparkle.
I used a cute Christmas Label and Twirly Twine to look like the ornament was hanging.
I added pattern paper and a vintage book page to complete the layout.
I also added tinsel around the milk tab and then adhered it to the father punch out to create a frame.
I then added a button punch and Twirly Twine out to the vintage holly leaves.
Tea Dyed Canvas & May Arts Ribbon
Tan Card Stock
Glimmer Mist – Red & Brown
Cream Paint & Brown Ink
Red Thread/Sewing Machine
I enjoy capturing our holiday traditions in my memory albums. I hope you take time this holiday season to capture a few of yours!
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season.